TRACK

Monday, November 30, 2009

Editors Rock Prague



Daisy and I went to see Editors play the Lucerna Music Bar in Prague on November 28. They're a band from Birmingham, England, that really should be bigger worldwide than they are (although their first album has sold more than a million copies.) They're huge in the U.K. and were nominated for the Mercury Prize in 2006.

Their sweeping anthems remind me of Coldplay, U2 or Snow Patrol, and lead singer Tom Smith's voice is reminiscent of Ian McCullough of Echo & The Bunnymen or even Jim Morrison.



I really love their music, but must admit to having been left a little cold by their latest album, "In This Light And On This Evening," where the band takes a more electronic approach.

Live, however, that album really rocked. I was impressed.

It was one of the best shows I've seen, and to see them in such an intimate venue was a real treat. We were about two meters from the front of the stage, in a perfect position to see Smith play keyboards and guitar and sing. Turns out he's quite the charismatic frontman, really losing himself in the music. He roamed the stage as if possessed.

Here are a couple of photos I took at the show with my iPhone, as well as a video from YouTube that someone else uploaded. It gives you a little taste of the show (although of course doesn't do it justice).

No comments:

Post a Comment